Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I Ain't Lileks

So I look at my blog output so far and wonder, "Why aren't I like James Lileks?"

Why the bitter edge to my posts? Why so few idyls about family and home life?

Hey, my kids started moving out last century and finally achieved escape velocity a couple of years ago. With the kids gone, my home life has reverted to two people doing things that they don't talk about to other people.

And yet.

I am going to strive mightily in 2006 to try to post a little more about where I live--the change of seasons, the way the island wakes up after winter and becomes busy with summer people, the blue skies and salt air.

Just as soon as this grey, rainy weather lets up.

No comments:

Blog List

Followers

legalisma

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution2.5 License.